47 Headspace Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)
If you're looking for up-to-date Headspace statistics, keep reading.
We have collected the newest data and statistics on Headspace.
Here’s an overview of what you’ll find on this page:
- Headspace revenue
- How many people use Headspace?
- Who owns Headspace?
- Headspace valuation
- Headspace growth
- Headspace employees
- Headspace user demographics
- Much more
Let’s dive right in.
Key Headspace Statistics:
- Headspace generated $100 million revenue in 2019. Figures for 2020 have not been published, however, we expect between $100 and $150 million revenue for the year.
- Headspace has over 2 million subscribers and the app has been downloaded over 65 million times.
- Headspace has partnered with 600 businesses to offer the app for free to employees.
- Headspace has been valued at $320 million, although it hasn't disclosed valuations for the last funding rounds.
- As of 2020 Headspace has over 100 employees.
- Headspace raised $215 million in total funding in 2020.
Table Of Contents
In 2004, Andy Puddicombe returned to London from a ten year expedition training as a Buddhist monk. Soon after, he established his own private meditation practice.
In 2010, one of his clients, Richard Pierson, helped him establish Headspace.
Headspace was originally an events company, offering prospective clients a way to work with Puddicombe.
Several clients eventually asked him for material to take home. This led to a few friends of Puddicombe and Pierson building an app to fill that need.
Originally, the app came with just a few online sessions, which followed the classes taught in London.
|Total Users||2 million|
|Launch date||6 January 2012|
|HQ||Santa Monica, California|
|People||Andy Puddicombe (co-founder, advisor), Richard Pierson (co-founder), CeCe Morken (CEO, President)|
|Industry||Meditation and wellness|
Headspace annual revenue
Here is an overview of Headspace's revenue by year:
Headspace funding (total)
Here is a breakdown of Headspace's total funding:
Here is a breakdown of Headspace's valuation/net worth:
Note: Headspace hasn't publicised its valuation for its two funding rounds in 2020. Perhaps because the company didn't reach the 'unicorn' status as its rival Calm did in 2019.
Here is a breakdown of the number of Headspace subscribers:
Sources: Headspace, Forbes, TechCrunch
Headspace commercial customers
Here is a breakdown of the number of Headspace commercial customers:
Headspace downloads (total)
Here is a breakdown of the total number of Headspace downloads:
Sources: HW, The Times, Fortune, Marketwatch
Headspace vs. Calm: revenue
Here is a comparison of Headspace and Calm's revenue.
Frequently Asked Questions
When was Headspace founded?
Headspace was founded in 2012 by Andy Puddicombe and Richard Pierson. Their friends gave them $50,000 to launch the app. (Forbes)
Who has the most subscribers out of Headspace and Calm?
Calm has more subscribers than Headspace does. Calm has 4 million and Headspace has over 2 million, although it's not known Headspace's subscriber count since early 2020.
What companies offer Headspace to employees?
LinkedIn, Starbucks, Google, GE, Turner, and Adobe have all partnered with Headspace for commercial use. (Marketwatch)
What are Headspace's demographics?
How many meditation sessions are available on Headspace?
There are over 300 hours of guided meditation sessions available on the Headspace app.
How many countries is Headspace available in?
Headspace is available in over 190 countries and in five languages.
Overall, Headspace is a fast-growing and leading company in the meditation sector.
Headspace and Calm will continue to compete to try to gain as much market share as possible.
- 41 Calm Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)
- 47 Headspace Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)
- 49 Fitbit Revenue and Usage Statistics (2022)
- 67 Coffee Statistics & Facts For Coffee Lovers (2022)
- 59 Relaxing Meditation Statistics & Facts (2022)
- 53 Mattress Industry Statistics You Must Know (2022)
- How Often Do People Wash/Change Their Sheets? (2022)
- How Many People Have Sleep Apnea? 51 Statistics
- 47 Snoring Statistics & Facts That Will Shock You (2022)
- 51 Yoga Statistics & Facts You Must Know (2022 Industry)