If you have back problems, are sensitive to allergies or you are simply inexperienced in purchasing a high-quality right pillow, doing so can be a fairly daunting task. For many, figuring out where to even begin can be quite intimidating.
If you feel as though you might fall into one of these categories, there are down alternative options. Down alternative pillows are hypoallergenic. This means that they will not trigger any feather allergies. These pillows are soft to touch and warm just like traditional down filling. Not only that but they are also considered by many to be inexpensive options.
First thing is first:
What is the Difference Between a Regular Down Pillow and a Down Alternative Pillow?
- Down pillows provide those using it with a luxuriously soft pillow. It is known to cradle your head and gives constant comfort throughout the night.
- Down pillows also retain their supportive properties over time. Unlike many traditionally stuffed pillows, they do not lose their shape or soft touch.
- They can be a little bit more difficult to clean, however, the majority of them are machine washable. Like with anything, just make sure that you follow the instructions on the tag.
- Down is a natural product. It is made from a fluffy layer that is found under the feathers of geese. In other words, it is what keeps them warm during the colder months.
- For years, down has been considered the industry standard for luxury.
- Synthetic down alternative pillows are often made with puffs of polyester. These are actually able to provide users with a cooler sleeping experience than what they would experience with down. This is because down is naturally there to keep the geese warm, so it traps and holds heat in.
- Synthetic alternatives are usually easier to clean and are machine washable. Generally, they only need a shaking and fluffing in order to keep the fill even and comfortably spread out.
- Down-free alternative pillows are also able to maintain their shape and loft over long periods of time.
- Down alternative pillows are quite similar to down pillows in terms of the softness and comfort that they offer.
- Down-free pillows are hypoallergenic. Thus, a wiser and more health conscious option for those sensitive to respiratory allergens.
The Beckham Pillow
One of the most popular down alternative pillows on the market, The Beckham Pillow is made with a gel-filled fiber pillow that comes in a pack of two pillows.
The Beckham pillow is trendy and stylish in design. It has a 100% cotton cover with a 240 thread count. It is fairly short in length. Combined with its strong, no-shift construction, consumers do not have to worry about the filling shifting uneasily from side to side.
The Beckham Hotel Collection Pillow has great online reviews and provides users of all sleeping styles with comfort and a good night’s sleep. It has no smell, and come in an airtight bag, that allows it to puff up right away.
What are Some Pros to The Beckham Pillow?
- Unlike many other pillow options, the Beckham pillow has a no-shift design which means that it will stay puffy as time goes on.
- It is created with gel-filling microfiber.
- It is constructed with more filling than most other pillows.
- The Beckham Hotel Collection Pillow is hypoallergenic so everyone can enjoy it.
- It has a trendy and stylish design
- The cover is 100% cotton which allows it to breathe and warm up
- Each order comes with two pillows.
The Langria Pillow
The Langria Pillow is designed with a polyester fiberfill and a cover that is 100% cotton. Each pillow has approximately 28 ounces of filling, which is notably more than the majority of other pillows on the market. It also has a thread count cover of 233.
The Langria Pillow is highly regarded by customers and professional critics alike - and for good reason: it was designed specifically to prevent the filling from shifting. This is because when filling shifts the pillow feels less luxurious and provides less support. It is also designed with hypoallergenic materials. The Langria Pillow has a double stitching construct which provides additional durability around the edges. Another reason that the Langria Pillow is such a hit with customers is that it is significantly softer than the majority of other pillows on the market today. It offers a cloud-like headrest experience that those who use it are sure to remember. It does a good job of offering relief to any pressure that is applied along the neck and spine. This is done without being too high causing the spine to curve.
What are Some Pros to the Langria Pillow?
- It is created with 100% cotton, meaning that it is great for blocking out sound while trying to sleep.
- The pillow is designed with a rounded edge, which means that users do not have to deal with any pointy corners.
- It is durable and designed with a double stitch along the edges
The Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow
The Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow is one of the most in-demand pillows throughout the hotel industry. Major hotel brands including New York Palace, the Marriott, and the Hilton all use the Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow. It is designed with a stylish purple outline that is complemented by the alternative silver-white stripe. These staples make the brand easily identifiable and help them to stand out from among the rest.
The Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow is constructed in such a way that prevents the filling from shifting unevenly throughout the interior, while still providing a cushioned supportive headrest for deep sleep. The pillow is filled with a combination of faux goose down and polyester clusters. The faux goose down is actually micro-denier fiber which is spun from 100% polyester. Microdenier, compared to standard fabric, provides a sheer, soft, and silky filling. By choosing to use micro-denier fiber, the manufacturers of the Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow are providing customers and hotel guests with a soft and high-quality cloud-like sleep experience.
What are Some Pros to the Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow
- It is made right here in the United States.
- It is used in many of the top hotels around the world, including the Hilton, the Marriott, and New York Palace.
- The Queen Anne Heavenly Down Pillow has a sleek and stylish design that cannot be mistaken.
- It is available in a variety of sizes
- The pillow is made with faux goose down filling so it will not bother anyone that is allergic to traditional down pillows.
- It is available in several selections of firmness.
The Smart Home Bedding Pillow
The Smart Home Bedding Pillow is a popular down alternative pillow. It has a polyester fiber filling, and a 50-50 cotton and polyester cover. Although having a 50% polyester cover can be seen as unusual for a down alternative pillow it actually allows for more durability in the stitching. Now, that additional durability does not necessarily guarantee that it can survive a cat’s claws or a puppy chewing on it, it does typically prolong the lifespan of the pillow. The Smart Home Bedding Pillow is filled with 25 ounces of microfiber. This is notably higher than usual for a down alternative pillow.
This pillow option is not as fluffy as some of the other recommended pillows on this list. However, it is extremely durable and is similar to the pillows that are used by major hotel chains. These pillows are machine washable and dryer friendly.
What are Some of the Pros of The Smart Home Bedding Pillow?
- This pillow is made in the United States.
- It is purchased in a pack of two.
- It is large and comfortable.
- The Smart Home Bedding Pillow has a traditional all-white design.
- It has a cover that is 50% polyester, 50% cotton which means it is breathable, soft and durable.
The Mastertex Pillow
The Mastertex Pillow is designed with 100% microfiber filling. This comfortable and durable pillow can be purchased in a wide range of sizes. Unlike many other pillows on the market that have a classic white design, The Mastertex Pillow has a standout design that includes a gusset. The the 1.5-inch gusset is an extra piece of material along the edges that allow the pillow to expand. This means that there is more room for the filling to spread out. This results in continuous comfort and a great night’s sleep. The Mastertex pillow also has a grid-like windowpane jacquard pattern cover. This is made of 100% cotton and has a 300 thread count.
When it comes to travel, few full-size pillows can compare. The Mastertex Pillow arrives in a clear plastic carrying case that is ideal for storage and travel. It has a 1-year warranty.
What are Some Pros of the Mastertex Pillow?
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- This pillow can be thrown in the washer and dryer.
- It has a 1.5-inch gusset which allows for constant comfort and support.
- Customers have the option of ordering one or two pillows.
- The cover has a 100 thread count.
- It comes with a clear carrying case for easy storage and travel.