There are many differences between bed frame that have slat support and bed frames without slats. Whether you should have a bed frame with slats or not all depends on what type of mattress you have and what type of overall comfort you desire. There are many benefits to having slat-supported bed frames:
- Offers support to the back area
- Adapts to various amounts of weight
- Offers a great level of ventilation by giving even amounts of air circulation to the mattress
And there are also benefits to having a platform, plywood base bed frames:
- Gives even support to all areas of the mattress
- Allows for a more firm feel
- Gives more support for the back area
Here are the best platform beds without slats found on Amazon:
|Most Popular||Many Sizes||Budget|
|Zinus Dachelle Upholstered Button Tufted Premium||Zinus Kiernan Upholstered Horizontally Cushioned||Zinus Demetric 14 Inch Elite SmartBase|
|Sizes Available||Twin, Full, Queen, King, California King
||Full, Queen, King||Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King|
|Shipping||Free Shipping||Free Shipping||Free Shipping
|Color||Dark Grey / Light Grey||Navy Blue||Black|
|Weight||Depends on size||Depends on size||Depends on size|
This bed frame without slats is great because it adjusts to different bed sizes when needed. In addition to being adjustable, this bed frame is made of steel and has extra support. The dimensions of this bed frame are 53.5 x 70.5 x 7 inches and it weighs 23 pounds, so it makes for easy transportation.
The Zinus Adjustable Steel Frame’s modern design also goes with a great amount of other furniture, so there would be no need to purchase any furniture to match the bed frame. Best features of this bed frame:
- It’s stable and supportive with 9 legs and a center bar
- The steel construction has an easy-locking system
- There’s recessed-leg design for extra safety
- It easily adjusts to Full, Queen, and King size
This bed frame without slats is great because it requires no box spring or foundation under the mattress placement. Additionally, there is extra hidden storage space under the bed frame if needed. The frame also weighs only 115 pounds, so this makes for easy transportation.
The dimensions of the South Shore Step One bed frame are 77.2 x 58 x 9.8 inches. Best features of this bed frame:
- Timeless design; there are neat lines and will always be in style
- Eco-friendly; this bed is made in North Maerica with non-toxic laminated particleboard
- Bed’s packaging is tested and certified to reduce the risk of damage during shipment
- 5-year limited warranty
This bed frame without slats is amazing because it comes as a complete set, which makes for no required assembly and easy transportation. This bed frame also only weighs 27 pounds, so that makes for easy transportation as well.
The Crown Mark Upholstered Panel Bed’s dimensions are 86.4 x 64.4 x 53.5 inches. Best features of this bed frame:
- Clean line style with neutral upholstery
- Fits a variety of decors
- Crafted with manufactured wood and plywood frame
- Upholstered with polyester-blend fabric in a neutral stone khaki tone
- Cane be used with an existing box spring
This bed frame without slats is perfect because it is hardwood and has a modern-style that fits with any color theme for a bedroom. The plank headboard adds to the modern look and allows for any style furniture to look well with it.
The dimensions of the Scott Living Coast are 87.5 x 71 x 56.5 inches and it weighs 179 pounds. Best features of this bed frame
- Imported and hardwood
- Traditional style inspired from vintage British military campaign furniture
- Dark Cocoa finish
- English dovetail front and back drawer
- 600 pounds max bed-weight capacity
This bed frame without slats is great because it is inspired by a traditional modern style furniture and is coated with a dark oak finish. This allows the bed frame to go well with any type of furniture.
The dimensions of the Rivet West are 63.5 x 86 x 46 inches and it weighs 155 pounds. Best features of this bed frame:
- Low-profile and high-style is hallmark of West collection
- Requires no box spring
- Two metal gold inlays run horizontally across the headboard
- Solid hardwoods with finish of wire-brushed matte dark oak and gold-toned metal inlays
- Sturdy mortise-and-tenon construction and platform design
- Assembly in 30 minutes or less
- 1- year warranty
Although slat-supported bed frames offer support where needed to the mattress, the bed frames that contain no slats allow for more even support throughout to the whole mattress giving more comfort. If you own a softer mattress like the foam, air, or memory mattress, then bed frames that contain no slat-supports are more beneficial to you.
More on Frames without Slats
However, there are major downsides to having a slat-supported bed frame while also owning a foamed mattress. Since most people prefer to own foam or memory foam mattresses like the Purple Mattress, having a slatted bed frame base can and will cause problems to both your mattress and your sleep. The memory foam and softer mattresses can push between the slats of the bed frame base and this affects both the life and quality of the mattress. Because of this, most people should consider purchasing a platform or plywood base bed frame if they own a form/memory mattress.